September 2019 PTO Board Minutes

Posted: October 07, 2019

Willoughby-Eastlake School Of Innovation
General Meeting Minutes
September 11, 2019
6:30 p.m.


In Attendance:
*Board Members: Stacey McGuigan (President), Kristen Werden (Treasurer), Silvia Mcclellan (Elementary VP), Monika Mirsalis (Middle School VP), Sara Campbell (Secretary), Brian Patrick (Principal)

*Bill Boxler, Matthew Wiley, Becky Smith, Judy L. Folckemer, Jeff Folckemer, Paul Garcia, Christine Brady, Krystal Nunley, Laura Kramer, Sarah Rivera, Rachel Legerski, Sheila Rosciszewski

Presidents Report:
*Currently working on our budget. We are a new board, so trying to get everything together. More information next month at PTO meeting.

*Fun Run was a huge success. We profited approximately $41,000!! THANK YOU! It could not have been done without the help and support of our students, parents, teachers and volunteers. Planning on doing it again next year. Wanting to get the students more involved in the process next year. A huge shoutout to Laura Kramer, PTA President of Royalview, who introduced FUN RUN to the W/E district and helped guide the way for the process of how it worked.
Pro and Con talks of having it later in the year vs beginning of school year. Comment from facebook live expressing concern that having it at the beginning of the year is hard with other beginning of year expenses going out. Reasons for earlier in the year Run includes: weather, must be held outdoors (we are unable to host inside, rain date can be established and we can possibly look into using the Field House), has to work within the dates available through Boosterthon, it’s nice to kick off the year with some really fun incentives for the kids, Teachers Rachel Legerski, Sarah Rivera, and Sheila Rosciszewski noted that it was a nice way to start the year before schedules were firmly established.
*Spirit Wear- we will continue to use Seasonal Sporting Goods for Spirit Wear. One of our teachers, Ms. Mazi will be the liaison for that. Will talk with SSG to see what products sold, which did not.

*We would love to see kids come to the meeting and be involved.


Elementary VP Report, Silvia:
* New role which will include being a liason for elementary, reaching out to teachers to find out what needs are and ways they can be supported.

Middle School VP Report, Monika:
* New role which will include reaching out to Middle School teachers to find out needs and ways they can be supported.

Treasurer's Report, Kristen:
*Closed old account, opened a new one, still getting deposits from FUN RUN, Stacey has received reimbursements, bank looks like it is in a good position, now looking for ways to utilize money in a smart way.

Principals Report:
*FUN RUN, $41,000 profit, doubling our expectations! Kids and teachers were excited, there was a lot of parent support and volunteers. Huge success with everyone's hard work- Stacey, volunteers, the PTO, teachers, students.

*Principal Challenge to be determined! Grade levels coming up with ideas and will be put to a vote. This came about because each grade level reached their goal.

*Levy presentation, next PTO meeting (10/9), any questions will be answered at that meeting.

*Soi Highschool opened with 69 students. Rotary Club, with Dr. Atkins help, is going to get involved with some 9th grade teachers to work out a volunteer club for 7th-9th and will see how that coincides with Honor Society and Student Council. Want students to become more community based and get involved.

Committee Reports, Silvia:
*No committees to report as of yet, we are still working on them. Google Form was sent out and will be sent out again to see who wants to get involved.
*Each VP will be involved in one of the committees. They will not be the head, but will be a liason. Each committee will have a Head of Committee and then committee members.

* Thank you to those who have already signed up!

*Committees will be: Events Committee (handle school and social events), Volunteer Committee (help gather volunteers for events), Fundraising Committee (continue to come up with ideas), Nominating Committee, Audit Committee, Community Outreach Committee.

*We are open to any additional ideas! With 3 different schools within SOI, we are hoping to meet everyone's needs.

*Always looking for volunteers for events, even if not wanting to be a part of a committee.

Other Business:
*Can get ahold of PTO via PTO FB, PTO Web page, and also by school website (link for SOI). Email addresses will be on next agenda.

*Big THANKS to Bill Boxler, who has agreed to Facebook Live our meetings.


Minutes submitted by: Sara Campbell, Secretary

< Back to News

Donate to the SOI PTO

The Willoughby-Eastlake School of Innovation is a 501(c)(3). Your donation helps us provide low-cost and free events for students and families, while also supporting other SOI activities.

$ .00

Upcoming Events

More Events