About the SOI PTO
The mission of the Willoughby-Eastlake School of Innovation PTO is to support the educational and personal growth of all of our students so they will be prepared to assume leadership in their community and be problem-solvers for the future. To do this, the W-E SOI PTO will collaborate with parents, teachers, staff, students, and community partners to support fundraising and events to enhance the education of and opportunities for School of Innovation students.
The W-E SOI PTO is a nonprofit organization that exists for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes, including the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The purpose of the W-E SOI PTO is to fulfill the mission of, and to enhance and support the educational experience at Willoughby-Eastlake School of Innovation (W-E SOI) at all grade levels, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement, and to improve the environment at W-E SOI through volunteer and financial support.
The W-E SOI PTO will strive to implement the "7 Design Principles" of the Willoughby- Eastlake School of Innovation in all its endeavors.
- Design Principle #1: Value every member of the School of Innovation learning community equally to promote a culture of caring and support;
- Design Principle #2: Value and use the design process including the need to design- test-redesign, to create, foster and develop all students to be able innovators who have a high level of knowledge and skills and are capable of solving real world as well as community problems;
- Design Principle #3: Create a culture that values innovation, creativity, inventive and analytical thinking;
- Design Principle #4: Foster the development of socially responsible leaders who care and are able to focus globally as well as locally;
- Design Principle #5: Value and promote full collaboration, self-motivation, self–direction, informed risk-taking and lifelong learning for all innovators;
- Design Principle #6: Engage partnerships to advance school capacities and broaden student, teacher and administrative opportunities and resources;
- Design Principle #7: Promote systems and procedures that ensure all of Willoughby- Eastlake schools benefit from the School of Innovation.
The PTO Bylaws can be viewed here: Bylaws Revised 9-28-15